About | At A Glance | Awards | Biography | Rumours Of Glory – a memoir |
Over the years Bruce has owned many guitars. In the last several years he has used these shown in the banner image above. [Photo courtesy of Kim Adams – Seattle Daily Photo – April 30, 2010]
Left to right:
- Baritone guitar by Tony Karol, acquired during the recording of Life Short Call Now
- 12-string by Linda Manzer, made for another of her customers, which found its way to me.
- Original 6-string made for me by Linda Manzer in ’88 (?).
- Manzer 6-string made for someone not long afterward, which came to me a few years ago.
- Dobro I picked up new in the late 80s.
- Charango made for me by Linda Manzer. This was the first acoustic instrument Linda made for me.
All the Manzers are roughly the same age.
~ from Linda’s website:
Bruce Cockburn – “I love them. I would not part with them. They are beautiful to look at and beautiful to hear.”
For video and audio clips of Bruce Cockburn playing Manzer Guitars, visit The Bruce Cockburn Page on manzer.com.